Shakespeare Electronic Conference, Vol. 3, No. 316. Friday, 13 November 1992.

From: 		Brian Sobus <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date: 		Thursday, 12 Nov 1992 20:40:46 -0500
Subject: 	Taming of the Shrew in Film and Television

I'm working on a paper on the changing role of the shrew in film and television
over time.  So far I've seen Zefferelli's version, the BBC production starring
John Cleese and Sarah Bedel, and the Westinghouse Production starring Charlton
Heston and Lisa Kirk.

The above films are the limit of our library's film collection, of the shrew
at least, and I was wondering two things.  The first question is whether anyone
has any suggestions on where I could view other versions on tape (BlockBuster
is out, apparently the average person does not rent Shakespeare).  The other
question is whether anyone has a copy of the Moonlighting episode in which
they performed The Taming of the Shrew. I'd like to know if the shrew was
updated in the Moonlighting version. (ie. lines change, performance, etc.)

Thanks a lot for your help.

-Brian Sobus
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Subscribe to Our Feeds

Make a Donation

Consider making a donation to support SHAKSPER.