Shakespeare Electronic Conference, Vol. 2, No. 74. Saturday, 2 Mar 1991.

Date:   Fri, 1 Mar 1991 11:11:17 -0500
From:   Lorin <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Subject: 2.0071  Baconian Theories
Comment:      Re: SHK 2.0071  Baconian Theories

This is driving me crazy.

There was a spy novel I read not so long ago which centered around decoding a
bad quarto of Henry VIII (I think.  It might have been 3 H VI).  The result of
this method of decoding was a line "I am Lord Chamberlin" or something to that
effect.  I am going to try and find out what book it was.

The passage was in Henry VIII (Shakespeare's "last" work) and the code was very
strange but apparently popular in the sixteenth-seventeenth century.  If anyone
knows what I am talking about, help me out here.

Lorin

Subscribe to Our Feeds

Make a Donation

Consider making a donation to support SHAKSPER.